DEA Administrative Assistant – Admin and Support IV
Panama City, Panama
Secret Security Clearance (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an DEA Administrative Assistant – Admin and Support IV
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Panama City, Panama on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the DEA Administrative Assistant – Admin and Support IV
are as follows:
- Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizen
- High school degree,
- FSI Level 3/3 English, FSI Level 3/3 Spanish,
- Five (5) years administrative experience in a professional setting,
- Previous government, law enforcement or project management experience preferred,
- Effectively communicate in English and Spanish,
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, and Power Point,
- Ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated at least three (3) years’ work experience with all Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated five (5) years of work experience in a large administrative or office support environment, with at least 10 personnel served by the position.
- Must have a valid Panamanian Driver’s license.
- Demonstrated work experience in a large office administrative support role including coordination of procurements, events, schedules, training, travel, and other activities.
- Demonstrated experience working with an embassy in international operations or foreign assistance affairs.
ATSG Benefits & Perks—
- The incumbent will serve as the DEA Program Assistant providing support to the large DEA office of over 20 agents and support staff under direction of the INL Program Manager and the DEA Country Attaché or designated representative.
- Assists DEA representatives in meetings to discuss various administrative policies and procedures as well as on-going and future projects of DEA.
- Coordinates logistics for international meetings and training events and processes all training requests for host nation counterparts, working with Procurement (INL or GSO) to identify meeting rooms, catering services, etc. Organizes functions such as official seminars and conducts briefings in conjunction with procurement sections and DEA.
- Advises DEA leadership, personnel, and host nation counterparts on procedures and policies of DEA to ensure awareness and compliance with regulations and other requirements.
- Works closely with the INL Panama Justice Program Assistant to provide information for procurement requirements for the DEA office, coordinating and tracking INL funded procurements in a pleasant, professional, and timely manner.
- Oversees, controls, and implements the monthly operating payments and salary supplements to approved recipients, ensuring all documentation is properly administered and provided back to INL as required, with all necessary signatures and verifications.
- Assists in reporting management control information related to budgets, end of Fiscal Year close out documents, End Use Monitoring Reporting, GAO and AIG auditing requirements, and quarterly/status budget reports.
- Understand, identifies, and explains as needed the different types of payment used for specific expenses.
- Maintains accounting of lease agreements and rental payments for undercover locations throughout Panama.
- Reviews and monitors invoices, reconciles advances, and prepares reimbursements for final approval. Responsible for ensuring adherence to DEA and DOS financial policies and procedures.
- Serves as point of contact for coordinating administrative and travel requirements for DEA travelers sponsored by INL.
- Prepares all travel documents and requests for host nation counterparts for both national and international travel. Ensures travelers have appropriate immigration documents. Prepares travel vouchers upon conclusion of travel and coordinates with INL for collection of payment memorandums necessary to close funding obligations.
- Explains and promotes understanding of travel management policies, regulations and procedures. Implements procedures and methods to accommodate new policies resulting from regulatory changes. Responsible for ensuring travelers are aware of travel requirements and that the traveler is responsible to know requirements including visa requirements.
- Implements inventory controls and conducts the annual State Department/INL End Use Monitoring review, and daily maintenance of the inventory control system (issuing, and disposing of equipment).
- Coordinates polygraph, human rights, and urinalysis tests to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Determines equipment and materials needs for the smooth operation and daily management of DEA facilities.
- Organizes, schedules, and directs administrative work of over 20 DEA team members.
- Provides required reports to DEA and INL leadership as requested.
- Writes, distributes, and follows up on letters to host government entities.
- Hours for this full time position will be the core hours of the U.S. Embassy in Panama (Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week).
- The position is located at the U.S. Embassy in Panama City, Panama.
- Local travel within Panama City is required on at least a weekly basis and travel throughout the country of Panama on a regular basis, in rudimentary canoes, over rough ocean waters in basic boats, and in helicopters. Regular travel to the US may be required based on the needs of the office at the direction of the DEA Country Attaché.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- We offer a QUICK and EASY application process!
- Medical, Dental, & Vison Insurance Available.
- Our Medical Insurance Plan offers Virtual Visits (through AmWell and MDLIVE) that can be done via your smartphone, tablet, or computer without leaving your home or office- for addressing a wide range of minor conditions!
- Paid Federal Holidays.
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) & Sick Time Off (STO).
- Life and Disability Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
- Retirement Benefits: Fully Vested 401(k) Plan.
- Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Resources, AFLAC, VPI Nationwide® Pet Insurance (because our fur-babies are family, too!), & Continuing Education Assistance.