Office Management Specialist (PSS-23-008-Hybrid)
(Clearance FAQs available here
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous, and secure world.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
- U.S. Citizen;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- At least eight years’ experience in relevant field;
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience using, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of, and skill in, correct usage of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and style;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of the telephone and voicemail;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Active security clearance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, WebEx, and Google Meet.
- Demonstrated skill and ability in managing multiple concurrent activities of varying complexity, with changing priorities and short turn-around times.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, including with those in a senior management role.
- Prior demonstrated executive-level administrative and business process experience.
- Proven record of contributing to the efficient functioning and sound organization of an office or work unit and experience applying regulations and/or policies to guide work in an office setting.
- Familiarity with Department of State systems such as TATEL and E2 and with State Department formats.
- Spanish language proficiency.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required. *President Biden's Executive Order mandates all U.S. Federal employees and contractors providing services to the U.S. Federal Government who are working on or in connection with and U.S. Department contracts (subject to limited exceptions for disabilities or religious objections) to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
- Supports INL/WHP office and office director.
- Keeps office and Office Director calendars up-to-date; makes logistical arrangements for meetings; meets, clears, and escorts visitors.
- Makes and receives telephone calls; directs inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Completes time and attendance requirements for the office.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for the office and aids in requesting new supplies when needed; initiates procurement requests for the office.
- Makes travel arrangements; maintains travel log while staff is on travel; submits travel vouchers upon completion of travel; maintains familiarity with travel regulations to facilitate approvals.
- Coordinates onboarding of incoming INL staff, including securing IT log-on, handling safe combinations, preparing door signs, distributing supplies, and preparing onboarding materials.
- Coordinates with other INL offices on tasks related to office repairs, new equipment requests, movement of phones or computers, and others.
- Assists in tracking office deadlines to meet required taskers for bureau and department leadership.
- Schedules meetings, appointments, calls, and conferences in accordance with INL/WHP management instructions. Ensures preparatory materials reach INL/WHP management in advance of events. Reschedules appointments when it is clear that WHP Director or Deputy will not be able to make a commitment.
- Follows up on email inquiries and telephone conversations and takes appropriate steps to ensure that necessary action is completed as quickly as possible.
- Aids in preparing correspondence. Maintains suspense records on all correspondence and action documents and follow up to ensure a timely reply or action.
- Schedules large meetings and conferences; selects time and location, notifies participants, coordinates escorts and arrival, ensures that all requirement materials and services are provided in a timely manner, attends meetings and takes notes, and prepares reports of the proceedings.
- Serves as the office records management point of contact, providing updates to the INL/WHP SharePoint site as needed and ensuring appropriate records filing practices, consistent with Department and Bureau guidelines.
- Serves as note-taker for meetings as required.
- Completes services considered closely associated to inherently governmental activities, including but not limited to the following:
a. Work in a situation that permits or might permit access to confidential business information or other sensitive information (Other than situations covered by the National Industrial Security Program described in FAR 4.402(b)).
b. Dissemination of information regarding agency policies or regulations, such as conducting community relations campaigns, or conducting agency training courses.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.