Construction Engineer - Specialist Advisor IV
U.S. Embassy, San Jose, Costa Rica*Submit Resumes in English
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an Construction Engineer - Specialist Advisor IV
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in San Jose, Costa Rica on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Corrections, Specialty, IT, and Administrative roles. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Construction Engineer - Specialist Advisor IV
are as follows:
- Costa Rican National
- English FSI level 3/3
- Spanish FSI level 4/4
- Significant experience in modular design and construction, general design and construction or permanent infrastructure design/build projects.
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of professional work experience.
- At least three (3) years of which include experience in general design and construction of permanent infrastructure design/build projects, contract administration, and experience in cost estimating.
- Good analytical skills are required.
- Ability to perform unofficial translations of written documents into Spanish and English and to draft clearly and succinctly in English.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must have a valid Costa Rican driver’s license.
- Significant experience in cost estimating.
- Technical maintenance skills, which includes knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, operation and maintenance
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior Knowledge of Costa Rican Building codes and regulations.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas orally so others will understand.
- Knowledge of inspection site facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects and issues within overall policy guidelines.
- Demonstrated communication and liaison skills appropriate to work with a wide variety of governmental, public, and private sector representatives; as well as with local community members and groups.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Construction engineering technologists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches.
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports.
- May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects.
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects.
- Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
- Reviews and documents performance in relation to original contract award amount and completion time, ensuring appropriate approvals. Monitors, prepares progress reports and updates plans and schedules.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Monitor the contractor’s requisition of supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress, and cost tracking reports.
- Monitor quality control programs.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Receives, reviews, and provides suggested changes to various design documents and construction plans. Design review shall include Civil, Seismic, Structural, Architectural, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical elements evaluations.
- Reviews contractor performance and deviations from the contract requirements through surveillance techniques, including direct observation at the contractor’s work site.