GoLang Software Developer
Charleston, South Carolina / Remote
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Cognitive Computing, Language Translation, Blockchain and Data Mining. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are searching for Junior Software Engineer to join our Back-End Engineering Team. You will work on creating complex back-end engineering capabilities leveraging large scale distributed systems built with a sophisticated and modern technology stack. From a hands-on perspective, you will be part of a small highly integrated development team that produces maintainable, well documented, and high-quality code under the supervision of a senior developer.
We'd love to talk to you if the following sounds like you
Duties and Responsibilities
- You are a self-driven, goal-oriented developer eager to learn and integrate new technology
- You are enthusiastic and imaginative about building solid solutions
- You have a great collaborative nature and communication skills
- You love to use your strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- You have an interest in open source with a track record of open source project participation
- Coding extensively in Golang and utilizing modern technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Developing REST APIs
- Writing tests and helping maintain automated systems for running tests
- Documenting the code you write, and helping write user-facing documentation for the features you create
- Working with product managers, designers, and other engineers to plan new features
- Working with your team to triage and fix bugs reported by internal and external users
- Reviewing code written by others
- 1-3+ years of work experience in Golang software programming
- Back-end software engineering experience in a production environment
- Solid knowledge of data structures & algorithms and excellent programming skills
- Experience with large scale, high-performance systems
- Deep understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with multiple services inside AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Neo4J, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with change management & version control
- Experience with Jira project management platform
- Knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- PDF Extraction
- Document Processing
- Experience large scale distributed systems development
- CI/CD knowledge
- Familiarity with Blockchain principles, specifically Tendermint and Cosmos IBC
- Experience designing and building scalable cloud-based applications
- Detail oriented, capable of researching alternative solutions and outlining proposals with evidence
- Ability to work efficiently on a remote/distributed team
- A general knowledge of AWS and running applications in the cloud
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.