INL Assistant to Construction Engineer – Admin & Support IV (CARSI – Costa Rica)
Four-Month Temporary Position
San Jose, Costa Rica
MRPT Clearance (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: INL Assistant to Construction Engineer – Admin & Support IV – (CARSI – Costa Rica)
. This candidate will work with Dept. of State, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (DOS-INL) in San Jose, Costa Rica on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the US Government to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT and Administrative roles. Requirements and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- MRPT Clearance
- Technical degree as a digital drawer or proven experience.
- FSI Level 4/4 English, Spanish Proficiency .
- Autocad drawer experience of 4 years 2D and 3D (topographic, architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical).
- Sketch Up Pro drawer experience of 2 years.
- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Earth experience of 5 years.
- Technical English writing experience of 3 years.
- Document controller experience 1 year.
- On-site inventory and taking measurements and data experience of 1 year.
- Drawing understanding experience of 2 years (architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical).
- Permit obtainment related experience 1 year.
- National regulation awareness experience (Construction Regulations, Law 7600, National Codes, etc).
- Working hours: full time 5 days a week 8 hours.
- Able to work out of San Jose during any of the project’s site visits.
- Costa Rican National.
- Pass a low-level security clearance.
- Good analytical skills are required.
- Ability to perform unofficial translations of written documents into Spanish and English and to draft clearly and succinctly in English.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must have a valid Costa Rican driver license B1 or superior.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Costa Rican Building codes and regulations.
- Have the ability to communicate information and ideas orally so others will understand.
- Knowledge of inspection site facilities regarding to existing conditions and measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects and issues within overall policy guidelines.
- Demonstrated communication and liaison skills appropriate to work with a wide variety of governmental, public, and private sector representatives; as well as with local community members and groups.
- Able to travel around all the country assisting the Engineer on site inventory and data acquisition for the different projects.
- Have skills in document record and control, and on-line document back record keeping.
- Skills in submit documentation to a digital platform in order to submit a new project.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- An Engineering Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of responsible and at times difficult paraprofessional and clerical assignments in support of various functions within INL projects. S/He is responsible for managing the research and reproduction activities of engineering drawings including, but not limited to: researching plans for requested information for INL Costa Rica; maintaining various databases; maintaining various lists and log books for tracking purposes; transferring electronic files; copying improvement plans, maps, and plats; and making large drawing models.
- Duties include working in close capacity with the civil Engineer and coordinating the workflow of existing emerging new construction projects.
- S/He are responsible for assisting professional staff members with providing information to Program Managers, Assistants and leadership regarding various public works construction projects; assisting in researching, analyzing, and resolving inquiries or complaints; contractors regarding the status of ongoing construction road projects; maintaining databases; assisting in writing, editing, and typing brochures, flyers, newsletters, notifications, and other materials; preparing mailing lists for meetings. Assignments for this class involve knowledge of computer usage and various software applications and data management as well as basic knowledge of symbols and terminology used in civil engineering plans, or terminology used in the engineering construction field (by assignment).
- This employee performs related duties as required.
- Applicants must possess the years of specialized experience described above.
- Examples of specialized experience performing such duties as participating in design work for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities, including utility systems, small, routine projects or portions of large, complex projects; analyze programmed projects for development of design criteria, participate in technical review of design calculations, analyses, drawings, and specifications; prepare project time schedules and costs estimates; prepares or participates in the preparation of architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work; reviews A&E design calculations, costs estimates, analyses, drawings and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements; and use computer/computer aided software, etc., to solve engineering problems.