Aviation Process Improvement – Specialist Advisor IV
Guatemala City, Guatemala
MRPT Security Clearance. (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently of identifying candidates for the position of an Aviation Process Improvement – Specialist Advisor IV
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in Guatemala City, Guatemala on the CARSI contract. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of policing roles Aviation, Leahy Vetting Coordinator/Program Assistant, Architect, Engineer, Justice Technical, Security Logical and Criminological, Expert on Appeals, Infrastructure Renovation, Justice Sector Legal Advisor, Psychosocial Counselor, Strategic Advisor, Technical and Legal, Indigenous Law, and Transparency Procedures. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Aviation Process Improvement – Specialist Advisor IV
are as follows:
- MRPT Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizen / Third Country National.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics or closely related science field or ten (10) years professional experience in the field can be substituted.
- FSI level 3/3 Spanish, FSI level 3/3 English.
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in the field of specialty.
- Experience briefing in Spanish and English.
- Professional Certifications: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in INL programs, U.S. Embassy environments, or U.S. Government overseas.
- Five (5) years of experience in, or a combination of, production control, quality assurance, or supply chain management, of which two must be specifically supporting an aviation / aerospace program, with a focus on data compilation, analysis, and metrics management.
- FSI level 4/4 Spanish.
- Can speak, write, and understand complex aviation terminology, and can present information with little or no preparation time to high-level audiences in a clear, concise, and effective manner in both Spanish and English.
- One (1) year of professional experience in Central America.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and must be able to complete the USG Incidental Driver’s Certification at post.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a passport with no travel restrictions.
- Demonstrated successful judgment and decision making: considering the relative costs, benefits, and drawbacks of potential courses of action to choose the most appropriate recommendation.
- Demonstrated successful negotiation skills: bringing disparate audiences together and trying to reconcile differences to achieve a program objective.
- Interpersonal skills: working effectively as part of a team while communicating information and ideas orally so others will understand.
- Active listening skills: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Two (02) years of experience with aviation programs governed by U.S. Department of State procedures and policies.
- Three (03) years of experience collaborating with Central American public security forces.
- Three (03) years of experience working in austere environments (i.e. jungles, mountains, etc.) and remote locations with limited infrastructure.
- Three (03) years of experience presenting technical information to high level audiences (i.e. Ministers, General Officers, Senior Foreign Service Officials, etc.)
ATSG Benefits & Perks—
- The position is located in Guatemala City, Guatemala. Primary duty location is at La Aurora International Airport.
- Works with the US Embassy INL/Guatemala Senior Aviation Advisor, Contracting Officer (CO), and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Maintain open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/Guatemala Team Leader and, as appropriate, with the INL/Guatemala Director and Deputy Director on issues falling under the scope of work, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
- Leverages performance measurement methodologies, technology initiatives, Project Management fundamentals, and Lean Six Sigma strategies.
- Assists INL to train, assist, and coordinate members of the host nation in the identification, prioritization, and selection of potential projects in all aviation functional areas to optimize existing processes for waste reduction and cost control.
- Mentors a host nation steering team, which will include core process managers and key players in relevant departments, to promote and foster an environment supportive of continuous improvement.
- Assists INL to evaluate process by a U.S. Department of State Aviation Resource Management Survey Team and the aviation operations’ accreditation process by an international agency.
- Assists INL to Train, assist, and monitor the host nation in designing, developing, and executing processes or projects throughout all phases of planning, implementation, and quality control for the aviation program.
- Assists INL to train, assists, and monitor the host nation in translating strategies into objectives, metrics, and initiatives for the aviation program.
- Assists INO to train, assist, and monitor the host nation in implementing Lean Six Sigma projects that will provide operational benefits, resulting in significant process improvement for the aviation program.
- Assists INL to leads problem-solving efforts on key projects to improve performance, process adoption by employees, production quality, and cost reduction for the aviation program.
- Supports INL interests and priorities (but does not represent the U.S. Government) when discussing Guatemalan aviation efforts among multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to INL-G, including the GOG and other stakeholders involved with, supported by, or impacted by aviation program.
- Facilitates the flow of accurate and timely information among stakeholders, the INL-G Program Offices, and other Embassy and national stakeholders.
- Coordinates with program/project officers and designated contractor representatives on all technical matters that arise in the discussions on the development of the aviation program.
- Provides clarifications with regard to potential impact to the aviation program during the integration of technical requirements and processes.
- Prepares progress reports and updates plans and schedules as needed.
- Ensures that the result of her/his work supports the achievement of INL’s goals and objectives for the aviation program.
- Helps identify and recommends process improvements and corrective action to resolve any issues that interfere with the aviation program and with the completion of projects, goals, and objectives (in accordance with the terms of reference of USG/GOG bilateral agreements).
- A work plan is required for this position. Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of relevant program activity, progress toward desired impacts, recommendations for advancing program and U.S. objectives, project highlights, and other relevant significant information including metrics, milestones achieved, and other relevant statistical data.
- Reports on scheduled upcoming meetings, trainings, and other activities.
- Some travel may be required both local and international. The work requires the ability to travel to and from remote areas with limited or no infrastructure, climbing in an out of aircraft, boats, heavy equipment, and operating motor vehicles for long periods of time. The TPC will work in office environments, as well as field sites, confined spaces, high-altitude locations, high temperature/humidity conditions, and under circumstance that may require an above-average physical endurance, familiarity with fatigue, and physical hardships.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- We offer a QUICK and EASY application process!
- Medical, Dental, & Vison Insurance Available.
- Our Medical Insurance Plan offers Virtual Visits (through AmWell and MDLIVE) that can be done via your smartphone, tablet, or computer without leaving your home or office- for addressing a wide range of minor conditions!
- Paid Federal Holidays.
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) & Sick Time Off (STO).
- Life and Disability Benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
- Retirement Benefits: Fully Vested 401(k) Plan.
- Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Resources, AFLAC, VPI Nationwide® Pet Insurance (because our fur-babies are family, too!), & Continuing Education Assistance.