Architect / Engineer – Specialist Advisor III
U.S. Embassy, San Salvador, El Salvador
MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs) (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an Architect / Engineer – Specialist Advisor III
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in San Salvador, El Salvador on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT, and Administrative roles. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Architect / Engineer – Specialist Advisor III
are as follows:
- MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs)
- Certified or licensed Civil or Architectural Engineer.
- Proven experience in construction projects and two (2) years in supervision of laborers.
- Engineer must have experience in planning, organization and management strategies for accomplishing goals, strategies for budgetary control, interpretation of results of structural calculations and progress and verification of deliveries to government and municipal institutions.
- Individual must be proficient Spanish Speaker Level 4/4 (Native Speaker) and English Level 3/3 is required.
- Individual must have advance knowledge of the auto CAD software application.
- Individual must have a valid driver’s license (Standard) and transportation to the various locations of these projects.
- Individual must have valid license from the Department of Housing and Urban Development for civilian buildings. (Licencia vigente del Viceministerio de Vivienda y Desarrollo Urbano para construcciones civiles.)
- Individual must be assigned permanently to comply with these services and no other job should be supervised by him/her during the expected duration of this contract (1 year).
- Knowledge of construction codes and regulations, as well as local material resistant and quality (for El Salvador’s construction codes).
- Local National
- Ten (10) years of professional work experience in planning, development and control of infrastructure projects for support of operational police and military activities.
- Knowledge of inspection site facilities.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Oversees the construction/remodeling projects performed by “The Alliance for Prosperity of the North Triangle Program
- Work directly with INL Senior Police Advisors
- Is responsible for analysis and site visits to the actual and projected construction/remodeling projects sponsored by INL.
- Reports findings and give recommendations, environmental consultation and documentation, engineering calculations, cost estimating, preparation of working drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates with GOES authorities, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), mission agencies, NAS personal services contractors (PSC) and others to identify, determine and manage, as delegated, where INL assistance would be beneficial to further enhance and strength Police programs which includes but are not limited to: Central Investigations Division, Technical and Scientific Police Division, Control Border Patrol, Anti-Narcotics Division, FBI and ICE Vetted Units, and Transit Police.
- Maintains close working relationship with the NAS acquisition and Budget Supervisor on funding and procurement issues; establish a separate budget control for the projects managed by him/her as well as prepare draft statements/scope of works examples of equipment/services needed, market research, specifications, limitations/constraints, quantities, delivery schedule details, funding resources, etc. additionally create a plan that includes impact, and justifications of the goods and services requested by the Host Government.
- Discusses with the COR to ensure all relevant information useful for assessment is taken into consideration. Identify opportunities to minimize the costs of the building.
- Provides written recommendations to INL of any required additional work, or changes to the present scope through better alternatives.
- Analyzes and prepares recommendations of the cost estimates provided by PNC and/or Government of El Salvador engineers in order to assure materials required are sufficient for the entire project to be completed. The estimates shall provide detailed descriptive building component line items with corresponding unit’s for quantities, materials and labor.
- Provides drawings including sketches, schematics, conceptual drawings, etc. shall be in a form suitable to the stage of design.
- Provides reports about the management of his/her projects.
- Creates project planning charts with timeframes, Project execution reports, Project monitoring reports and Project evaluation reports. All these reports must be linked to the projects goals and have to show the objectives/indicators status tracking.
- Conducts site investigations to verify project requirements, estimated construction costs, and existing condition of the structure(s), site and utilities; perform specific survey and analyses as indicated herein, prepares scope of work for construction projects and advise/oversee every project in execution in order to reduce timeframes and materials misuse.
- Visits sites and inspects as required to field verify the condition of the various structures, validate project scope, and to provide a preliminary construction estimate for all required work herein.
- Visually inspects facilities to determine the real problem(s) and assess from a professional construction perspective.
- Determines and advises US Government of appropriate solutions to effectively and economically resolve and restore issues back to a normal secure operating condition without additional follow-up work.
- Conducts Field Measurements of Existing Building/Site Construction: Individual shall be required to make field investigations to verify dimensions, building construction type and other information (Building utility entrances, drainage, adjacent topography, etc.) shown on reference drawings and documents.
- Hours for this full-time position will be the core hours of the US Embassy in San Salvador, El Salvador, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
- The position will be stationed in San Salvador, El Salvador.
- National and international travel may be required.
- This position requires a work plan.
- Provides weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of relevant program activity, progress toward desired impacts, recommendations for advancing program and U.S. objectives, project highlights, and other relevant significant information including metrics, milestones achieved, and other relevant statistical data. Report on scheduled upcoming meetings, trainings, and other activities.