Driver/Mechanic/Customs – Admin & Support II
U.S. Embassy, San Jose, Costa Rica
RSO Clearance (LNs) (Clearance FAQs HERE
*Submit Resumes in English
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an Driver/Mechanic/Customs – Admin & Support II
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in San Jose, Costa Rica on the CARSI Initiative. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI Initiative, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Corrections, Specialty, IT, and Administrative roles. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Driver/Mechanic/Customs – Admin & Support II
are as follows:
- RSO Clearance (LNs)
- Local National or Resident with Costa Rican Work Permit.
- A High School degree from an accredited institution.
- At least five (5) years of experience in delivery/driving is required.
- Experience must include a minimum of two years of general vehicle management.
- Demonstrated good written and communication skills with the ability to discuss issues orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic management principles.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of English and Spanish is required.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4
- English FSI level 3/3
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving, obtaining and managing, inspecting, and transporting personnel, property and supplies.
- Current valid Costa Rican B1 driver’s license.
- Experience working with USG agencies.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Operates vehicles in accordance with INL supervisors’ instructions.
- Provides travel support to INL employees for appointments.
- Delivers correspondence and or equipment to different Costa Rican ministries in San Jose and other locations in the country.
- Transports official visitors and/or equipment within San Jose and surrounding areas especially from and to the international airport.
- Ensures trip tickets are completed for all vehicles under his responsibilities and turns them in on a weekly basis, noting errors and omissions.
- Maintains vehicles for which he is responsible in a clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventive nature. Reports any deficiency in vehicles for which he is responsible either using the reverse side of the trip ticket form or verbally to supervisor.
- Provides general logistical support for the INL Section. Monitors deliveries of equipment, vehicles, furniture, and office equipment and supplies to customers of INL San Jose.
- Coordinates customs shipping and receiving of all purchased property and supplies.