Regional Program/Database Development Specialist -- Specialist Advisor III (CARSI - Panama)
Panama City, Panama
(Clearance FAQs available here
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Regional Program/Database Development Specialist -- Specialist Advisor III (CARSI - Panama). This candidate will work with Dept. of State, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (DOS-INL) in Panama City, Panama on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the US Government to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT and Administrative roles. Requirements and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Local National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4; English FSI level 2/2.
- College degree in IT or related field, work experience may be substituted for the four-year degree if the individual has exceptional technical skills.
- Two (2) years of IT/helpdesk experience.
- Five (5) years Development Application using C#.
- Three (3) year experience with Microsoft Sever and SQL applications.
- One (1) year of experience in IT management is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and internally developed databases.
- Proficient in Databases knowledge, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Web development and integration and languages, HTML, PHP, CSS, MVC, current on new information technologies, hardware, software, upgrades, updates and compatibility issues and will suggest applicable changes or modifications.
- Experience creating web service applications.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an RSO clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience giving briefings in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated 10 years of experience in software development, computer science, engineering or programming leading to increased information-sharing and data visualization.
- Developing Windows Environment Applications.
- Web Servers Configuration and implementation.
- Developing applications using C#.
- Web based applications with database integration and administration.
- Microsoft SQL Server using T-SQL.
- Experience establishing cybersecurity protocols and standards.
- Experience implementing Web Services including ASMX; WebAPI; Rest-Full; WCF (Windows Communication Foundation).
- Desirable Knowledge in UX Designing.
- Desirable experience with DevOps methodology.
- Desirable experience with mobile application development.
- Desirable experience with Configuration Management.
- Demonstrated experience developing web-based applications.
- Demonstrated experience in writing program manuals.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
- The Regional Software Developer creates, implements, and evaluates technological platforms, software, and processes for computer-based policing programs that improve police reaction times, intelligence-gathering, gang information-sharing, and police education in Central America.
- The Specialist receives tasks and assignments from the INL Panama Program Officer and/or the Program Coordinator/Manager.
- The overall goal of the Specialist is to create and maintain software platforms, applications, and processes that improve computer-based policing and other software-supported capacity building in Central America.
- Evaluate the capabilities of technology systems, implementing improvements, and developing applications related to police reform.
- Implement new and improved technological systems, designs, and applications to increase police information management, ensuring all systems and end users have full access to the programs, with written complete manuals, and follow-up requirements relating to technology.
- Maintain communication with internal and external individuals and groups leading the technology vision, design, and implementation.
- Provide effective solutions using facts, knowledge, needs, and requirements obtained from end users or team meetings.
- Provide project updates, reports, summaries, and user manuals as required and requested.
- Protect data and software security, ensuring only INL and proper host government officials with a need to know have access to technology, reporting, and information regarding operations and systems donated to the host governments. Report irregularities in operations or discussions to the Program Manager immediately upon discovery.
- Advise INL and host governments regarding potential and perceived abuse, fraud, or misuse of systems or information.
- Assist INL and host governments with revealing ‘backdoors’ or other gaps in current programs that could be used for leaking information.
- Maintain full confidentiality of work requirements, requests, process, contacts, locations, and any other information related to INL or host government contracts.
- This position will be located in Panama City, Panama.
- Travel is anticipated for this position throughout the Central America region as mandated by the needs of the program-on average six times per year.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.