Transnational Criminal Investigative Unit (TCIU) Program Assistant, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) – Admin & Support IV (CARSI - Panama)
Panama City, Panama
RSO Clearance (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Transnational Criminal Investigative Unit (TCIU) Program Assistant, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) – Admin & Support IV (CARSI - Panama)
. This candidate will work with Dept. of State, International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (DOS-INL) in Panama City, Panama on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the US Government to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Specialty, IT and Administrative roles. Requirements and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- U.S. Citizen or Local national
- If a U.S. Citizen, the candidate must be able to pass an ATSG background investigation to begin employment and must obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance (if a U.S. Citizen) or an RSO clearance (if a local national) to gain Embassy access and be eligible for continued employment.
- High school degree,
- FSI Level 4/4 English, FSI Level 4/4 Spanish,
- Five (5) years administrative experience in a professional setting,
- Previous government, law enforcement or project management experience preferred,
- Effectively communicates in English and Spanish,
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
- Ability to learn new software.
- Applicant must be able to pass annual polygraph examinations, requested and administered by the US Government at no additional cost to ATSG Corporation.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required. *President Biden's Executive Order mandates all U.S. Federal employees and contractors providing services to the U.S. Federal Government who are working on or in connection with and U.S. Department contracts (subject to limited exceptions for disabilities or religious objections) to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
- College Degree.
- Demonstrated at least three years work experience with a wide range of Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated five years of work experience in a large administrative or office support environment, with at least 10 personnel served by the position.
- Have a valid Panamanian Driver’s license.
- Demonstrated work experience in a large office administrative support role including coordination of procurements, events, schedules, training, travel, and other activities.
- Demonstrated experience working with an embassy in international operations or foreign assistance affairs.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- The incumbent will serve as the HSI TCIU Program Assistant (PA) providing support to the HSI office of over 11 employees as well as to the HSI vetted unit (TCIU) staffed by 71 officers. The PA would work under the direction of the INL Program Manager and the HSI Country Attaché or designated representative.
- Assists HSI representatives in meetings to discuss various administrative policies and procedures as well as ongoing and future projects related to HSI and HSI TCIU.
- Coordinates logistics for international meetings and training events and processes all training requests for host nation counterparts, working with procurement personnel (INL or GSO) to identify meeting rooms, catering services, etc. Organizes functions such as official seminars and conducts briefings in conjunction with procurement personnel and HSI.
- Advises HSI leadership, personnel, and host nation counterparts on HSI procedures and policies to ensure awareness and compliance with regulations and other requirements.
- Works closely with the INL Panama Justice Program Assistant to provide information for procurement requirements for the HSI TCIU office, coordinating and tracking INL-funded procurements in a pleasant, professional, and timely manner.
- Oversees, controls, and implements the monthly operating payments and salary supplements to approved recipients, ensuring all documentation is properly administered and provided to INL as required, with all necessary signatures and verifications.
- Assists in reporting management control information related to budgets, end of fiscal year closeout documents, End Use Monitoring Reporting, GAO and AIG auditing requirements, and quarterly/status budget reports.
- Understand, identifies, and explains as needed the different types of payment used for specific expenses.
- Maintains accounting of lease agreements and rental payments for undercover locations throughout Panama.
- Reviews and monitors invoices, reconciles advances, and prepares reimbursements for final approval. Responsible for ensuring adherence to HSI and DOS financial policies and procedures.
- Serves as point of contact for coordinating administrative and travel requirements for HSI TCIU travelers sponsored by INL and administers travel systems.
- Prepares all travel documents and requests for host nation counterparts for both national and international travel. Ensures travelers have appropriate immigration documents. Prepares travel vouchers upon conclusion of travel and coordinates with INL for collection of payment memorandums necessary to close funding obligations.
- Explains and promotes understanding of travel management policies, regulations and procedures. Implements procedures and methods to accommodate new policies resulting from regulatory changes. Responsible for ensuring travelers are aware of travel requirements and their responsibilities, including understanding visa requirements.
- Implements inventory controls and conducts the annual State Department/INL End Use Monitoring review and daily maintenance of the inventory control system (issuance and disposition of equipment).
- Coordinates polygraph, human rights vetting, and urinalysis tests to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Determines equipment and materials needs for the smooth operation and daily management of HIS TCIU facilities.
- Organizes, schedules, and directs administrative work of over 70 HSI TCIU team members.
- Provides required reports to HSI and INL leadership as requested.
- Writes, distributes, and follows up on letters to host government entities.
- Maintain full confidentiality of work requirements, requests, process, contacts, locations, and any other information related to INL or host government contracts.
- Hours for this full time position will be the core hours of the U.S. Embassy in Panama (Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week).
- The position is located in Panama City, Panama.
- Local travel within Panama City is required on at least a weekly basis and travel throughout the country of Panama on a regular basis, over rough ocean waters in basic boats, and in helicopters. Regular travel to the US may be required based on the needs of the office at the direction of the HSI Country Attaché.