Travel & Logistics Coordinator - Panama
Panama City, Panama
*Applicants should submit English versions of the CV/resume.
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for a Travel & Logistics Coordinator - Panama
. This candidate will contribute to our team's management of the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract. This person will be a corporate employee supporting our SME's on site and working with the U.S. Government.
- Local National of Panama.
- Education – Completion of a 4-year degree in business, management, marketing, information technology, or another relevant course of study.
- Experience – 3 to 5 years’ experience performing in a travel and logistics role.
- Experience – 2 to 3 years' experience with human resources and recruiting aspects such as interviewing, hiring/on-boarding, processing payrolls, local labor laws, time and attendance management, etc.
- Skills and Abilities:
- High verbal and written proficiency in both English and Spanish languages (fluency in both is highly preferred).
- Working knowledge of the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR) and other regulations, policies and laws pertaining to travel on behalf of U.S. government missions.
- Familiarity with Panama work permit / VISA regulations, policies and laws pertaining to travel on behalf of U.S. government missions.
- Ability to research, evaluate and incorporate existing and changing travel and work permit / VISA regulations in policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the management team
- Strong to excellent analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and creativity to address and resolve personnel / stakeholder issues.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Some moderately heavy lifting (of computer monitors, printers, etc.) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Department of State agency-specific policies, processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with Information Technology (IT) asset management.
- Experience with Concur travel system to include expense reporting and invoicing.
- Intimate familiarity with work permit and VISA rules, regulations, and processes in Panama.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Responsible for administrative oversight of cradle-to-grave Travel and Logistics Support for employees
- Responsible for coordination, tracking, monitoring, and archival of travel needs to include:
- Travel Accommodations Review, Approval and Booking
- VISA and Work Permit Considerations for Travel Destinations
- Travel Tracker Monitoring and Updating
- Travel Monitoring and Logistical Support
- Expense Report Reconciliation and Approval
- Expense Package Submission for Approval and Invoicing
- Responsible for coordination, tracking, monitoring, and archival of VISA and Work Permit needs to include:
- Obtaining VISAs and Work Permits for U.S. Citizens, Local Nationals (LNs) and Third Country Nationals (TCNs)
- Status monitoring to ensure timely renewal of employee VISAs and Work Permits
- VISA and Work Permit Considerations for both local and international travel
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and archival of filing structure related to travel needs of employees, as well as the VISA / Work Permits.
- Assist in the on-boarding process providing accommodations and support where needed, such as employee badging and first day reporting.
- Ensure relevant standards, processes and regulations are upheld in accordance with company policy, as well as state, Honduran local, federal and international laws.
- Manage acquisition, deployment, utilization, tracking, security, and final disposition of IT assets.
- Manage IT hardware asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost control, governance, compliance, and performance objectives.
- Assist in the recruitment process of employees and the selection of consultants and outsource-vendors for all Task Order / Call Order positions.
- Assist with accomplishing human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions.