U.S. Embassy, San Jose, Costa Rica
MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs) (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an Acquisitions Assistant
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in San Jose, Costa Rica on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Corrections, Specialty, IT, and Administrative roles. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Acquisitions Assistant
are as follows:
- MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs)
- Spanish FSI level 4/4
- English FSI level 3/3
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or eight years’ experience in acquisition management and a high school graduate or equivalent title.
- At least five (5) years of progressive demonstrated experience in administration is required. Experience must include a minimum of six months in the area of finance and/or accounting, acquisition, and contracts.
- Demonstrated excellent written and communication skills with the ability to discuss complex procurement technical issues orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic management principles.
- Experience working with USG agencies.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Works closely with the US Embassy INL/Costa Rica Coordinator, FSN Procurement Supervisor, and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Maintains open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/Costa Rica Coordinator and with the INL/Procurement Supervisor on issues falling under the scope of work, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
- Supports the INL program at the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica in support of host-nation under the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI).
- Assists in reviewing and defining requirements and technical specifications for commodities and services procured by the INL section for CARSI and other Embassy Law Enforcement agencies funded by INL.
- Assists in responding to requests for solicitations and evaluation of quotations, research of purchase order prices, and assist in the processing of procurement documents.
- Advises INL on purchases of items and services locally or in the US needed for the operation of INL using mechanism described under “Simplified Acquisition Methods” with a ceiling of $150,000 USD per transaction.
- Demonstrates teamwork, the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility.
- Performs a wide range of assistance to INL regarding acquisition functions to help ensure programmatic success of INL/CR.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within limited follow-up by the supervisor, while also filling in gaps as needed to ensure the responsiveness of the team.
- Assist in reviewing procurement requests and statements of work (SOW) for accuracy and technical specifications, ensuring the requesting office provides sufficient information to make successful purchases and to notify the requesting office when information is insufficient and requires adjustments.
- Assist in preparing requests for sole source procurement actions detailing required inputs for INL Coordinators approval.
- Advise on the type of procurement mechanism to be used i.e. Purchase Order, Delivery Order, BPA call, Purchase Card.
- Research sources of supply and request cost data for Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) by all appropriate means.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement packages to be submitted into ARIBA system as support documentation: reviews ICGE quotes, analyzes specifications, conditions and prices against SOW.
- If needed, provide guidance to requesters to conduct Technical Evaluation.
- Backup other Acquisition Assistants across teams, as necessary.
- Provide management support such as tracking documents, lessons learned, and best practices across INL programs and/or operations as required.
- Coordinate with program officers on a wide range of technical matters that arise in the administration of the assigned contracts and purchase orders.
- Monitors contractors’ progress and performance to assure compliance with all contract terms and conditions. Advises the COR when problems arise.
- For assigned projects, advise on contract performance information to all concerned parties, including program offices/officers and INL management.