Information Technology Assistant
U.S. Embassy, San Jose, Costa Rica
MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs) (Clearance FAQs HERE
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for an Information Technology Assistant
to work with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) in San Jose, Costa Rica on the Central America Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) contract. This opening is in response to the Government taking efforts to consolidate positions in Latin and Central America to one source.
The CARSI contract, one of the largest and most sophisticated multi-lateral security efforts in the world, provides funding for the USG to assist the governments of the CARSI countries with police professionalization, justice sector reform, counter narcotics efforts, border security management, crime and violence prevention, and anti-corruption efforts. This Initiative will focus on a series of Policing, Corrections, Specialty, IT, and Administrative roles. Requirements and Skill Qualifications for the Information Technology Assistant
are as follows:
- MRPT Clearance (U.S. Citizens & TCNs) or RSO Clearance (LNs)
- English FSI level 4/4
- Spanish FSI level 4/4
- University Degree or equivalent in telecommunications, Information Technology Management, Computer Science, or an IT development field.
- Two (2) years of IT/helpdesk experience is required.
- Two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Sever and SQL applications.
- One (1) year of experience in IT management.
- Demonstrated proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, MS Project, and internally developed databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Web development and integration.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills when working with senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated advanced professional proficiency in the Spanish language, spoken and written.
- Demonstrated experience working or coordinating with other relevant US government agencies (e.g., Department of Defense, DEA, CBP, USAID) and/or international organizations.
- Works closely with the US Embassy INL/Costa Rica Coordinator, INL Contracting Officer (CO), and INL Director.
- Maintains open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/Costa Rica Coordinator and, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
- Keeps the INL Section informed of his/her activities through a Travel/Engagement Form and report on all travel activities in the Quarterly Report.
- Supports the implementation of the United States Government and the Government of Costa Rica (GoCR) Bilateral Agreement and as defined in Letters of Agreement and Amendments. Provides technical expertise, technical assistance, and training on behalf of INL in support of host-nation efforts to improve operational and managerial IT capability of the GoCR.
- Provides technical services for preventing and reducing interruptions of IT services.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
- Supports approximately 30 users at the INL Annex.
- Responsible for coordinating with Embassy Information Management Office to provide INL contractor personnel with reliable telephone, cellular telephone, Blackberry, computer equipment, and internet services.
- Arranges for maintenance, updating, security, and reliability of INL-owned information systems not under Embassy IMO responsibility.
- Assists INL project coordinators with IT-related procurement packages requests as required.
- Remains current on new information technologies, hardware, software, upgrades, updates and compatibility issues and suggests applicable changes or modifications.
- Briefs INL on IT issues that can adversely affect INL organizational performance.
- Coordinate IT development, implementation, execution and reporting with other GoCR entities, to include the INL advisors or contractors working on INL program in Costa Rica.
- Assists INL to prepare and conduct IT needs assessments for GOCR serviced agencies, and develops, implements and monitors IT strategy/action plans.
- Makes recommendations and provides required documentation such as specifications, cost estimates, and market research concerning equipment and supplies needed to enhance to meet program objectives.
- This position requires a work plan
- This position is located in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- MONTHLY: Provide a summary of relevant program activity, progress toward desired impacts, recommendations for advancing program and U.S. objectives project highlights and other relevant significant information including metrics, milestones achieved, and other relevant statistical data. Report on scheduled upcoming meetings, trainings, and other activities outlining dates and participants (due the second Tuesday of each month).
- QUARTERLY: Quarterly Reports, including compiled monthly report quantitative data, an analysis of program trends, and an update on progress toward INL’s desired outcomes and impact goals, noting challenges, successes, future plans, and recommendations to INL. Due within 30 days of the close of the reporting quarter.
- ANNUALLY: Provide INL an End Year Summary of the last year and an estimate of progress toward reaching the three year goal of turning over responsibility to the GOCR – an annual report detailing the results of each projected output, outcome, performance measurement and impact.